We had a wonderful newpaper carrier bag making workshop at yesterday’s launch opening of the https://www.facebook.com/shopwithastory.
I have attempted a low cost / no cost version. Will be donating them to the shop. Hopefully, this goes some way towards cutting down those plastic bags that pollute the Bagmati.
Glue (ideally PVA glue)
1. Stick the sides of a tabloid size newspaper with glue.
2. Use a box to shape the bag by wrapping the paper around the box and gluing the sides right to the ends.
3. Wrap the bottom of the bag by folding the two insides together neatly and glue the sides over.
4. Now mark the inside of the bag, by drawing a line around the edge of the top of the box.
5. Reinforce the two wide ends of the top of the bag by sticking 2 small pieces cardboard under the line previously drawn.
6. Put glue all around the inside of the bag, on top of the line previously drawn and fold down neatly.
7. Reinforce the bottom of the bag too,by sticking a larger piece of cardboard inside the bottom of the bag.
8. Punch two equidistant at the top of the bag, through the inner reinforced cardboard.
9. Make the handles by knotting a piece of string through the holes. Hey presto you have your bag!!